The Charities We Support
The Charities We Support
The Link Dental Surgery believe in giving to worthy causes both within our local community and the wider world, through direct financial support.
Every year we encourage support to charities that are close to our team’s hearts (in addition to the support we provides to charities listed below).
Each year we choose up to two charities to support in whatever way we can. We are immensely proud to have volunteered or donated to the following charities:
- Cancer Research UK: the world’s leading independent cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research, influence and information.
How we have helped: An annual donation is made as this charity is not only close to our hearts, but is also close to our patient’s hearts.
- Dentaid: a charity that works to improve oral health in the UK and overseas. They increase access to safe, sustainable dental care.
How we have helped: Dr. Asieh volunteered for a day in Worthing in December ’21 on Dentaid’s mobile clinic providing treatment for Rising Tides Charity residents. Here she helped them have a pain-free Christmas season.
- The Woodlands Trust: the largest woodland conservation charity in the United Kingdom concerned with the creation, protection, and restoration of native woodland heritage. It has planted over 50 million trees since 1972.
How we have helped: As a result of COVID-19, our enhanced PPE has meant increased waste from our clinical setting. We have therefore made a donation to Woodland’s Trust to try and offset our increased environmental pollution by supporting them to plant trees in the UK countryside on our behalf.
- British Heart Foundation: a cardiovascular research charity in the United Kingdom. It funds medical research related to heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors, and runs influencing work aimed at shaping public policy and raising awareness.
How we have helped: Donations are made annually to support this important charity.
- Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital: one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals.
How we have helped: Their work provides life changing treatments for many children and to us that is truly matters. We hope our modest donations can help this world leading hospital continue to help more and more children.
To support any of these charities please visit their individual websites. Dentist GU46, Dentist Yateley
< Back to blog